It’s always fun to be sick Not really I was feeling very sick for the past few days and now I’m finally getting better so I’d like to share some tips and tricks that has helped met get over with this nasty cold.
One of my biggest fear is to feel alone when I’m sick. It’s good to know that I have friends and family who care about me and want me to get better soon. Just by thinking of them makes me feel a lot better. Although they might not be physically by my side every minute, I still feel their love is surrounding me no matter how terrible I felt.
Second, there are some little things I keep on hand for those sick days.
1. Keep hydrated is so important. It can be anything from plain water to a warm cup of decaffeinated tea. My current favourite is Ginger Peach, because I love its warming effect when it sets in my stomach and it turns into this lavender colour when I add milk (like this blog if you pay attention to tea colours, too!)
2. 8 out of 10 time I’d been sick I would lose my voice. Bentasil in the blackcurrent flavour is my favourite throat candy. It’s so yummy and it contains no sugar
3. Mom always nags me to take my Cold-Fx when I’m showing symptoms of cold. The formula contains natural herbs to help boost the immune system without the bad side effects.
4. While remembering to keep hydrated, Vitamin C is another secret weapon. Large amount of Vitamin C from natural sources, such as citrus fruits are proven to decrease symptoms of cold. Other good sources of vitamin C are: fruits from the citrus family, kiwi, mango, pineapple, tomatoes (especially love those bite-size grape tomatoes).
5. Warm soup to give you the energy you need to fight with the cold. There’s something soothing about having a big bowl of chicken noodle soup . When warmth hits my stomach, it makes me feel like I will get over with this nasty cold in no time. I always lose my appetite while I’m sick but a little bit of carb, such as bite-size crackers to go with the soup can also help with the energy level.
Hope my tips are going to be helpful to arm you against those train-wreck feeling days…It’s always important to keep up with your activity level, so your immune system can stay strong to protect you against those bad germs.
Take care and stay healthy